Sunday 24 April 2011

Saturday with Penny

Week 2, Penny is a wonderful little beagle, so full of life, she loves the outdoors, spends lots of time on my balcony with her toys, watches the birds, the cats and anything that moves outside.  Penny had her first shot of Revolution today, the vet suggested I give it to her for the summer you never know with the mosquitoes coming on soon I wouldn't want her to get sick.  I start work next week and I'm worried about leaving Penny alone for a whole day, I will let you know how it goes, she will not be caged I don't believe in cages for animals but she will be in one of my bedrooms with all her toys, all the water she can drink, no food though, I feed her twice a day, once in the morning and once at night the vet told me that a dog was happier when it was hungry and not full all the time I have seen this in my own body so I believe it, you know the feeling when you eat too much and feel full that feeling you have that you're gaining weight, makes you depressed, dogs are the same I guess, anyway no overfeeding for my Penny, I want her to be healthy and live a long and happy life with me at her side.  Well not much to report today, changed her harness because it was all shrivelled and torn, they exchanged it no problem, my grandson came over to get some of his things, he had moved out in January to live with his mother, I miss him dearly but he needs a firm hand not my old and weak one, he's 25 years old, does not hold down a job, has no friends and drinks too much, he lives like a hermit, he likes the outdoors, the animals, the forest, and anything that nature has to offer.  I'm worried that he will never have someone to love or children one day?  Only time will tell, he has to get a job first, anyhow Penny is chewing on some paper and making a big mess, I will get back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment